|Title||Comparative analysis of the treatment's results of patients with potentially radioinduced papillary thyroid carcinoma at different tactics of surgical treatment|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2015|
|Authors||Yanchiy, IR, Bolgov, MYu., Gulevaty, SV, Tronko, MD|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The comparative analysis of the results of treatment of patients with potentially radioinduced papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) at different tactics of surgical treatment such as organ-preserving operations (128 cases), organ-preserving operations with the next ultimate thyroidectomy (77 cases), and total thyroidectomy (319 cases) is performed. It was shown that, in all studied groups, the frequency of reccurences was not high (about 2%), and distant metastases and mortality cases were not observed. Such results justify to the possibility for the personification in the choice of a surgical treatment in cases of potentially radioinduced solitary PTC with low potential of aggressiveness, regardless of their possible radiogenic nature.
|Keywords||organ-preserving operation, papillary carcinoma, thyroid, total thyroidectomy, ultimate thyroidectomy|
- Pacini F., Schlumberger M., Dralle H. et al. Eur. J. Endocrinol., 2006, 154, No 6: 787–803. https://doi.org/10.1530/eje.1.02158
- Cooper D.S., Doherty G.M., Haugen B.R. et al. Thyroid., 2009, 19: 1167–1214. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2009.0110
- Page C., Biet A., Zaatar R. et al. J. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg., 2008, 37, No 5: 649–656.
- Piana S., Frasoldati A., Di Felice E. et al. Am. J. Surg. Pathol., 2010, 34, No 6: 868–872. https://doi.org/10.1097/PAS.0b013e3181dbee07
- Tronko M., Bogdanova T., Voskoboynyk L. et al. Exp. Oncol., 2010, 32, No 3: 200–204.
- Ianchii I.R., Bolgov M.Yu., Bogdanova T.I. Endocrynologia, 2014, 19, No 3: 177–183 (in Ukrainian).
- Bolgov M.M. Manual guide TherDep5, Kyiv: Kupriyanova, 2006 (in Russian).
- John A.M., Jacob P.M., Oommen R. et al. Indian J. Endocr. Metab., 2014, 18, No 3: 410–413. https://doi.org/10.4103/2230-8210.131211
- Gupta S., Ajise O., Dultz L. et al. Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg., 2012, 138, No 3: 227–233. https://doi.org/10.1001/archoto.2011.1466