|Title||Simultaneous magnetotelluric and magnetovariational soundings of the northern part of the Dnieper-Donets trough|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2015|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The main purpose is to study a geoelectric structure of the lithosphere of the northern part of the Dnieper-Donets trough using modern methods (techniques) of synchronous electromagnetic sounding based on natural fields. Reliable tipper estimates for periods of geomagnetic variations 30–3500 s, horizontal MV responses 30–10000 s and impedance parameters 30–10000 s were obtained. Qualitative interpretation of MTS curves showed that the maximum depths to the upper edge of the conductor are in the northern end of the southern slope of DDT and Bragin-Loyev uplift, which vary from 40–30 km to 18 km and correspond to the north-eastern end of the Prypyat conductivity anomaly. In the central part of the DDT, the upper edge of the conductor occurs at depths of 3–5 km and is explained by the transition zone of sedimentary rocks and the decompacted rocks of the foundation. On the slopes of DDT, the depth of the upper edge of the conductor is 8 km.
|Keywords||Dnieper-Donets trough (DDT), magnetotelluric sonding (MTS), magnetovariational (MB) profiling|
- Bielawski V.V., Burahovych T.K., Kulik S.N., Suhoy V.V. Electromagnetic methods in the study of the Ukrainian shield and the Dnieper-Donets Depression, Kyiv: Znanie, 2001 (in Russian).
- Burahovych T.K., Kulik S.N., Logvinov I.M. Pinchuk A. P., Tarasov V.N. Geophys. J., 1996, 18, No 5: 71–79 (in Russian).
- Astapenko V.N. The Earth's crust and mantle in Belarus on magnetotelluric data, Minsk: Ekonompres, 2012 (in Russian).
- Gordienko V.V. Geophys. J., 1994, 16, No 3: 14–23 (in Russian).
- Varentsov Iv. M, Kovalchikova S., Kukikov V.A. Geophys. J., 2012, 34, No 4: 90–107 (in Russian).
- Korepanov V. E., Tregubenko V. I. Geophys. J., 2009, 31, No 4: 181–190 (in Russian).
- Varentsov Iv.M. Array of simultaneous EM soundings: design, data processing and analysis. Electromagnetic sounding of the Earth's interior, Ed. V. Spichak, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2007: 259–273.
- Varentsov Iv. M., Sokolova E.Yu., Martanus E.R. Phys. Earth., 2003, No 2: 30–61 (in Russian).
- Survey tectonic map of the south-western part of the East European Platform. Scale 1 : 250000, Ed. Yu.A. Arsiriy et al., Kyiv: Min. geology USSR. UkrNIGRI, 1984 (in Russian).
- Orlyuk M. I., Drukarenko V.V. Geophys. J., 2013, 35, No 2: 127–136 (in Russian).
- Donenko G.N., Lyashkevich Z.M., Alekhine M.A., Shnyukov E.F. Endogenous processes and petroleum potential, Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 1991: 67–82 (in Russian).
- Omelchnko V.D., Kuchma V.G. Geodynamics, 2013, 15, No 2: 54–55 (in Russian).