|Title||Formation of the chromosomal and microsatellite instabilities in blood cells of cancer patients under the combined exposure in vitro to ionizing radiation and co-mutagens|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2015|
|Authors||Domina, EA, Ivankova, VS, Pylypchuk, OP, Zelena, LB|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
This work presents the first studies of the quantitative and qualitative patterns of genome instability formation in irradiated somatic cells of cancer patients under the influence of a co-mutagen ascorbic acid. Depending on the drug concentration, the co-mutagenic effects were revealed as an increased frequency of chromosomal aberrations by 1.4–1.7 times due to the repair system repression. The obtained results should be taken into account in the radiation oncology for the control over comutagenic drug prescriptions to the patient to prevent the development of secondary tumors.
|Keywords||ascorbic acid, co-mutagenic effects, irradiation, microsatellite instability, peripheral blood lymphocytes of cancer patients, radiation-induced chromosomal aberrations|
- Losi L., Baisse B., Bouzourene H., Benhattar J. Carcinogenesis, 2005, 26, No 5: 916–922. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgi044
- Karpechenko N.Y., Hasanov V.K., Popenko V. I., Yakubovskaya M.G. Technologies of living systems, 2013, No 9: 33–39 (in Russian).
- Gorringe K. L., Chin S.F., Pharoah P., Staines J.M., Oliveira C., Edwards P.A., Caldas C. Carcinogenesis, 2005, 26, No 5: 923–930. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgi032
- Durnev A.D., Seredynyn S.B. Bull. Experim. Biology and Medicine, 2003, 135, No 6: 604–612 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1025410612571
- Domina E.A., Pylypchuk E. P. Bull. of Ukrainian Society of Geneticists and Selectionists, 2013, 11, No 3: 46–52 (in Ukrainian).
- Sverhun V.T., Koval A.N. Proc. of the Intern. Sci. Conf. Radiation, ecology and Technosphere. Minsk, 26–27 Sept., 2013: 143–144 (in Russian).
- Saxena A.K., Agarwal C. S., Kumar M., Srivastava A.K., Singh G. J. Exp. Ther. Oncol., 2007, 6, No 2: 175–179.
- Cytogenetic dosimetry: Applications in preparedness for and response to radiation emergencies. Vienna: IAEA, 2011.
- Kravets E.A., Zelena L.B., Zabara E. P., Blume Ya.B. Emir. J. Food Agricult., 2012, 24, No 6: 632–645. https://doi.org/10.9755/ejfa.v24i6.632645
- Lapach S.N., Chubenko A.V., Babich P.N. Statistical methods in researches for medicine and biology with the use of Excel, Kyiv: Morion, 2001 (in Russian).
- Jagetia G.C. J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr., 2007, 40: 74–81. https://doi.org/10.3164/jcbn.40.74
- Zhyvotovskyy L.A. Vestnik VOGiS, 2006, 10, No 1: 74–96 (in Russian).
- Elystratova E.V., Laktyonov P. P., Shelestiuk P. I., Tuzykov S.A., Vlasov Vol. V, Rukova E.Y. Biomed. Chemistry, 2009, 55, No 1: 15–31 (in Russian).
- Shokal U., Sharma P.C. Indian J. Med. Res., 2012, 135, No 5: 599–613.
- Nikolić B., Stanojević J., Vuković-Gačić B., Simić D., Knežević-Vukčević J.K Food Technol. Biotechnol., 2006, 44: 449–456.