|Title||The expression and the activation of protein kinase Akt/PKB in normal tissues, benign and highly differentiated malignant human thyroid tumors|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2016|
|Authors||Guda, BB, Pushkarev, VM, Zhuravel, OV, Pushkarev, VV, Kovalenko, AYe., Tarashchenko, YM, Tronko, MD|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
We study the expression and the activation of the main effector protein kinase of phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase cascade (PI3K) — protein kinase Akt (v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog) in normal tissues, benign and highly differentiated (with and without metastases) human thyroid tumors. There was a difference in the Akt1 amount in tumor tissue compared with normal tissue in follicular adenomas and carcinomas. Total activity of all three isoforms Akt1/2/3 was almost completely suppressed in tumors compared to normal tissue except tissue of multinodular goiter. Thus, Akt activity is not associated with proliferative processes in the tumor tissue of the thyroid. The possible mechanisms of inhibition of signaling cascade PI3K in thyroid tumors are discussed.
|Keywords||benign tumors, malignant tumors, signaling cascade PI3K/Akt, thyroid gland|
- Kumar A., Rajendran V., Sethumadhavan R., Purohit R. Scientific World J., 2013, 2013: 756134.
- Xing M. Thyroid, 2010, 20, No 7: 697–706. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2010.1646
- Pushkarev V. V., Kovzun O. I., Popadiuk I. D. et al. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., 2011, No 3: 169–171 (in Ukrainian).
- Guda B. B., Pushkarev V. M., Pushkarev V. V. et al. SM J. Endocrinol. Metab., 2015, 1, Iss. 1: 1002.
- Shimura T. J. Radiat. Res., 2011, 52, No 5: 539–544. https://doi.org/10.1269/jrr.11098
- Wilks S. T. Breast, 2015, 24, No 5: 548–555. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.breast.2015.06.002
- Xu Y., Li N., Xiang R., Sun P. Trends Biochem. Sci., 2014, 39, No 6: 268–276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibs.2014.04.004
- Park J. I. Front. Biol. (Beijing), 2014, 9, No 2: 95–103. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11515-014-1299-x
- Bruhn M. A., Pearson R. B., Hannan R. D., Sheppard K. E. Cancer Manag. Res., 2013, 5: 281–292.