|Title||On the influence of local deflections on the stability and the postbuckling behavior of composite cylindrical shells under external pressure|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2017|
|Authors||Semenyuk, NP, Zhukova, NB, Ivanova, NI|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The method of calculation of the stability and the postbuckling behavior of composite cylindrical shells with local imperfections under external pressure is offered. At its development, the equations of the Timoshenko—Mindlin theory of shells, the relations of the asymptotic method by Byskov—Hutchinson, and the method of a continuous prolongation for the solution of non-linear algebraic equations are used. The local imperfections are approximated by trigonometric Fourier series. At the determination of critical loads and the trajectory of deformation, the number of interacting modes, which is sufficient for deriving the result of a necessary accuracy, is found.
|Keywords||cylindrical shells, local imperfections, mode interaction, postbuckling behavior, stability|
- Bazhenov, V.A., Semenyuk, N.P., & Trach, V.M. (2010). Nonlinear deformation, stability and postbuckling behavior of anisotropic shells. Kiev: Caravela (in Ukrainian).
- Elishakoff, I. (2012). Probabilistic resolution of the twentieth century conundrum in elastic stability. Thin-Walled Struct, 59, pp. 35-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2012.04.002
- Budaiansky, B. (1974). Theory of Buckling and Post-buckling Behavior of Elastic Structures. Adv. Appl. Mech., 14, pp. 2-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0065-2156(08)70030-9
- Byskov, E. (2004, September). Mode Interaction in Structures-An Overview. Proceedings CD-ROM of the 6th World Congress of Computational Mechanics, Tsinghua University, China.
- Byskov, E. & Hutchinson, J. W. (1977) Mode interaction in axially stiffened cylindrical shells. AIAA J., 16, No. 7, pp. 941-948. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.7388
- Koiter, W. T. (1976). General theory of mode interaction in stiffened plate and shell structures. Report WTHD 91. Holland, Deft University of Technology.
- Vanin, G.A., Semenyuk, N.P. (1987). Stability of Composite Shells with Imperfections. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Semenyuk, N. P. (2015). Nonlinear deformation of Shells with Finite Angles of Rotation and Low Elastoplastic Strains. Int. Appl. Mech., 51, No. 2, pp. 149-158. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-015-0680-z
- Semenyuk, N. P., Zhukova, N. B. & Trach, V. M. (2015). The Theory of Stability of Cylindrical Composite Shells Revisited. Int. Appl. Mech., 51, No. 4, pp. 449-460. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-015-0706-6
- Grigolyuk, E.I., & Shalashilin, V.I. (1988). The problem of nonlinear deformation: the parameter continuation method in nonlinear tasks of mechanics of solid body. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
- Davydenko, D. F. (1953). On a new method for the numerical solution of nonlinear equations. DAN USSR, 88, No. 4, pp. 196-206 (in Russian).I
- Semenyuk, N. P. (1993). Journal Mechanics of Composite Materials, 29, No. 3, pp. 355-360.
- Semenyuk, N. P. (1996). On two methods of calculating the stability of shells with single and multimodal imperfections. Prikladnay Mekhanika, 32, No. 1, pp. 25-30 (in Russian).