|Title||Multifractal analysis of morphological changes in water bodies' structure by means of the satellite imagery processing|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2017|
|Authors||Artiushenko, MV, Tomchenko, OV, Pidgorniak, DL|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
A statistical method of description of the dynamics of water bodies' geomorphic structures with the use of satellite images is proposed. The method involves the multifractal properties of geosystem objects' spatial structures and is focused on the automated imagery processing, by using the information criteria of fractal spectra variability. The selection of information criteria to assess changes in object's spatial structure is based on properties of the statistical Renyi entropy. By means of the remote sensing, the multifractal analysis of changes that occurred in the sea part of Danube's delta coastline structure for a 30-year period is made.
|Keywords||Danube delta, geosystems, multifractal analysis, remote sensing, Renyi entropy, spatial structures|
- Vasilyev, L. N. & Tyuflin, A. S. (1991). Fractal spatial structures of geosystems. Issledovanie Zemli iz Kosmosa, No. 1, pp. 44-52 (in Russian).
- Mandelbrot, B. B. (1982). The Fractal Geometry of Nature. New York: Freeman.
- Bak, P. (1996). How Nature Works: The Science of Self-Organized Criticality. New York: Copernicus. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-5426-1
- Artiushenko, M. V., Zub, L. N., Pidgorodetska, L. V. & Fedorovsky, A. D. (2011). Multifractal analysis of the biodiversity and the cenotic structure of a community of plants by remote sensing data. Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 9: 132-141 (in Russian).
- Feder, J. (1988). Fractals. New York: Plenum Press. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-2124-6
- Bashkirov, A. G. & Vityasev, A. V. (2007). Renyi entropy and power–law distributions in natural and humanitarian sciences. Dokl. AN, 412, No. 4, pp. 476-479 (in Russian). https://doi.org/10.1134/S1028335807020012
- Mikhailov, V. N. (Ed.) (2004). Hydrology of the Danube Delta. Moscow: GEOS (in Russian).