|Title||Geochemical peculiarities and genesis of metaandesites and metadacites of the Novogorovka greenstone structure (Ukrainian Shield)|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2017|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
Metaandesites of tholeiitic series of parageneration KT-3 of metamorphosed komatiite-tholeiitic formation of Novogorovka GS can be formed as a result of the fractional crystallization of mafic magma from a plume source in the shallow magma chamber (<40 km). They have a low magnesium number (mg# = 0.32). Metadacite located among the rocks of the parageneration of KT-3 were formed in a different magmatic source and are likely more recent. They belong to the calc-alkaline series, are characterized by high magnesium number (mg# = 0.51) and strongly contaminated by a crustal material. Metadacite can be formed by mixing melts of the mafic and silicic compositions or by assimilation of host rocks by basites in a shallow magma chamber (<40 km).
|Keywords||greenstone structure, komatiite-tholeiitic formation, metaandesite, metadacite, Ukrainian Shield|
- Lobach-Zhuchenko, S. B. (Ed.). (1988). Greenstone belt of basement of the East European Platform (Geology and Petrology of volcanic rocks). Leningrad: Nauka (in Russian).
- Artemenko, G. V. (1999). The conditions for the generation of volcanic rocks of intermediate and acid composition in the greenstone belts of the Ukrainian shield. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 11, pp. 112-116 (in Russian).
- Kuno, H. (1968). Origin of andesite and its bearing on the Island arc structure. Bull. Volcanol., 32, Iss. 1, pp. 141-176. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02596589
- Barnes, S. J. & Van Kranendonk, M. J. (2014). Archean andesites in the east Yilgarn craton, Australia: products of plume-crust interaction? Lithosphere, 6, No. 2, pp. 80-92. https://doi.org/10.1130/l356.1
- Bobrov, O. B. (2015). The Greenstone structure Orekhov-Pavlograd zone: first experience of geological description. Article 1. Novogorovka structure. Mineral. zhurn., 37, No. 4, pp. 68-77 (in Ukrainian).
- Shcherbak, N. P., Artemenko, G. V., Nekryach, A. I. & Zhdanov, E. N. (1992). Age of metavolcanics of Novogorovka greenstone structure (West Azov block). Dokl. AN Ukr., No. 9, pp. 102-104 (in Russian).
- Sun, S. S. & McDonough, W. F. (1989). Chemical and isotopic systematic of oceanic basalts: implications for mantle composition and processes. Magmatism in the Ocean Basins. Geol. Soc. Spec. Publ., No. 42, pp. 313-345. https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.SP.1989.042.01.19