|Title||Fatty acid composition of total lipids in liver of carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) under artificial hibernation|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2017|
|Authors||Sysolyatin, SV, Khyzhnyak, SV|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The composition and the quantitative content of fatty acids of total lipids in liver of scaly carp under artificial hibernation are studied. The method of gas chromatography identified 28 fatty acids, the quantitative content of which changes when fish are in the state of artificial hibernation. It has been established that a redistribution in the quantitative ratio of fatty acids leads to a decrease of the total content of saturated fatty acids and an increase of the content of unsaturated ones, mainly due to polyunsaturated acids.
|Keywords||artificial hibernation, carp, fatty acids, liver|
- Timofeev, N. N. (2005). Hypobiosis and cryobiosis. The past, the present, the future. Moscow: Inform-Znanie (in Russian).
- Melnichuk, D. O. & Melnichuk, S. D. (2007). Hibernation of animals — molecular mechanisms and practical for agriculture and medicine. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi tsentr NAU (in Ukrainian).
- Lovern, J. A. (1964). The lipids of marine organisms. Oceanogr. Mar. Biol., 2, pp. 169-191.
- Guschina, L. A. & Harwood, J. L. (2006). Mechanisms of temperature adaptation in poikilotherms. FEBS Lett., 580, Iss. 23, pp. 5477-5483. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.febslet.2006.06.066
- Pat. 37303 UA, IPC A01K 63/02, A01K 63/04, A01K 61/00, G09V 23/28, Method to transfer and preserve fish in the state of artificial hypobiosis and a unit to carry out thereof, Melnichuk, D. O., Melnichuk, S. D & Tereshchenko, S.V., Publ. 15.05.2001 (in Ukrainian).
- Folch, J., Lees, M. & Sloane-Stanley, G. H. (1957). A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipides from animal tissues. J. Biol. Chem., 226, pp. 497-509.
- Christie, W. W. (1982). Lipid analysis: isolation, separation, identification and structural analysis of lipids. Oxford: Pergamon Press.
- Fedorchenko, S. V. & Kurt, S. A. (2012). Chromatographic methods of analysis: teach. guidances. Ivano-Frankivsk: Prykarp. nat. University of them. Stefanik (in Ukrainian).
- Kokunin, V. A. (1975). Statistical processing of data with a small number of experiments. Ukr. Biochem. J., 47, No. 6, pp. 776-790 (in Russian).
- Kogteva, G. S. & Bezuglov, V. V. (1998). Unsaturated fatty acids as endogenous bioregulators. Overview. Biochemistry. 63, Iss. 1, pp. 6-15 (in Russian).