|Title||Influence of the melanin-glucan complex on the radiosensitivity of cells of patients with premalignant pathology of breast|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2018|
|Authors||Domina, EA, Smolanka, II, Mikhailenko, VM|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The authors present their own results of studying the influence of the melanin-glucan complex (MGC) on the radiosensitivity of blood lymphocytes in patients with premalignant pathology of breast, depending on the drug concentration. A test system of peripheral blood lymphocytes was used with a metaphase analysis of chromosome aberrations (24 observations). It is observed that MGC affects the radiosensitivity of blood cells in patients by reducing the level of induced aberrations of chromosomes, including radial markers. The most effective radioprotective effect of MGC appears at a concentration of the drug of 2.0 μg/ml blood. Given its antioxidant properties, these findings confirm the essential role of the oxidative status of cells in the formation of their chromosomal instability.
|Keywords||chromosome aberrations, genome instability, lymphocytes, melanin-glucan complex, premalignant pathology, radiosensitivity|
- Domina, E. A. (2016). Chromosomal abnormalities in blood lymphocytes of primary cancer patients in the post-Chernobyl period. ScienceRise: Biological Science, No. 1, pp. 20-26 (in Russian).
- Kolusayin Ozar, M. O. & Orta, T. (2005). The use of chromosome aberrations in predicting breast cancer risk. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res., 24, No. 2, pp. 217-222.
- McConkie, E. (2008). Human Genome. Moscow: Tekhnosfera (in Russian).
- Domina, E. A. & Barilyak, I. R. (2009). Genetic basis of cancer. Problemy ekolohichnoi ta medychnoi henetyky i klinichnoi imunolohii, No. 1-2, pp. 63-73 (in Russian).
- Grinevich, Y. A. & Baraboy, V. A. (2010). Cancer process and stress pathology. Kiev: Logos (in Russian).
- Hanson, L. P. & Evtushenko, V. I. (2006). Cellular and molecular mechanisms of radiation carcinogenesis. Voprosy onkologii, 52, No. 1, pp. 3-11 (in Russian).
- Gofman, J. (1994). Chernobyl accident: radiation consequences for the present and future generations. Minsk: Vysshaya shkola (in Russian).
- Seniuk, O., Gorovoj, L., Kovalev, V.A. et al. (2009, September). Anticancerogenic properties of melaninglucan complex from higher fungi. Proceedings of the 5th International Medicinal Mushroom Conference (pp. 142-149). Nantong, China.
- Shigenaga, M. K., Hogen, T. M. & Ames, B. N. (1994). Oxidative damage and mitochondrial decay in aging. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 91, No. 23, pp. 10771-10778. doi: https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.91.23.10771
- Silbernman, M. (1987). Experimentally induced osteoarthrosis in the temporomandibular joint of the mouse. Acta Anatomica, 96, No. 1, pp. 9-24. doi: https://doi.org/10.1159/000144658
- Senjuk, O. F., Gorovoj, L. F., Kovalev, V. A. et al. (2013). Features of behavioral reactions of chronically irradiated mice in the raised crosswise labyrinth with various genetically determined radiosensitivity and possibilities of their modification by the fungal biopolymer complex. Radiatsionnaya Biologiya. Radioecologiya, 53, No. 2, pp. 170-182 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.7868/S0869803113010128
- Seniuk, O. F., Gorovyi, L. F., Palamar, L. A. & Krul, N. I. (2014). Effects of melanin-glucan complex, isolated from polypode fungi, on the lifespan of female ICR mice. Problemy stareniya i dolgoletiya, 23, No. 1, pp. 11-27 (in Russian).
- Seniuk, O. F., Kovalev, V. A., Krul, N. I. et al. (2013). Remote Signaling of radiation damage to the extracellular space in mice with various levels of genetically determinated radio sensitivity. Radiatsionnaya Biologiya. Radioecologiya, 53, No. 1, pp. 33-46 (in Russian).
- Senyuk, O. F, Myshkovsky, N. M, Ivchenko, V. G, et al. (2004). Prospects for the use of chitin-melaninglucan-containing materials for radiation protection measures. Problemy Chornobylia, Iss. 14, pp. 151-156 (in Russian).
- Domina, E. A. (2018). Evaluation of the effect of professional irradiation on cytogenetic parameters of peripheral blood lymphocytes. Dopov. Nac. acad. nauk Ukr., No. 10, pp. 112-119 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2018.10.112