|Title||Features of the formation of the composite system polymethylsiloxane/silica/water in the presence of a surfactant — decamethoxine|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2019|
|Authors||Turov, VV, Gerashchenko, II, Krupska, TV, Stepanuk, KO|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The method of low-temperature 1H NMR spectroscopy is used to study the binding of water in hydrated powders of polymethylsiloxane and silica and in the composite system PMS/SiO2/decametoxine/H2O. It is shown that, when filling interparticle gaps in the PMP by the method of hydro-seaming, the interfase energy of water in the interparticle gaps of a hydrophobic PMS with the same hydration is twice the interphase energy of water in hydrophilic silica. In the composite system PMS/SiO2/decametoxine/H2O, there is a nonadditive increase in the energy of water binding, which is probably due to the formation of the effect of mechanical loading in the presence of water microheterogeneous areas consisting predominantly of hydrophobic and hydrophilic components. Thus, by means of mechanical loads, as well as by adding a surfactant, it is possible to control the adsorption and hydration properties of composite systems.
|Keywords||decametoxine, hydrophilic silica, methylsilica, polymethylsiloxane|
1. Turov, V. V. & Mironyuk, I. F. (1998). Adsorption layers of water on the surface of hydrophilic, hydrophobic and mixed silicas. Colloids Surf. A., 134, pp. 257-263. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-7757(97)00225-2
2. Gun’ko, V. M., Turov, V. V., Pakhlov, E. V., Krupska, T. V., Borysenko, M. V., Kartel, M. T. & Charmas, B. (2018). Water interaction with hydrophobic versus hydrophilic nanosilica. Langmuir, 34, pp. 12145-12153. doi: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.langmuir.8b03110
3. Gun’ko, V. M., Turov, V. V., Pakhlov, E. M., Matkovsky, A. K., Krupska, T. V., Kartel, M. T. & Charmas, B. (2018). Blends of amorphous/crystalline nanoalumina and hydrophobic amorphous nanosilica. J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 500, pp. 351-356. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2018.08.020
4. Gun’ko, V. M., Turov, V. V., Pakhlov, E. M., Krupska, T. V. & Charmas, B. (2018). Effect of water content on the characteristics of hydro-compacted nanosilica. Appl. Surf. Sci., 459, pp. 171-178. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2018.07.213
5. Turov, V. V., Gun’ko, V. M., Pakhlov, E. M., Krupska, T. V., Tsapko, M. D., Charmas, B. & Kartel, M. T. (2018). Influence of hydrophobic nanosilica and hydrophobic medium on water bound in hydrophilic components of complex systems. Colloids Surf. A, 552, pp. 39-47. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2018.05.017
6. Slyniakova, I. B. & Denisova, T. I. (1988). Organosilicon adsorbents: preparation, properties, application. Кiev: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
7. Shevchenko, Y. N., Dushanin, B. M. & Yashinina, N. I. (1996). New silicon compounds — porous organosilicon matrics for technology and medicine. In Silicon for chemistry industry (pp. 114-166). Norway: Sandefjord.
8. Pat. 2111979 RU. IPC C 08 G 77/02, Methylsilicic acid hydrogels as adsorbents of average molecular metabolites and a method of their producing, Shevchenko J.N., Dushanin B.M., Poljanskij A.V., Jashina N.I., Publ. 27.05.1998 (in Russian).
9. Maev, I. A., Shevchenko, Yu. N. & Petuchov, A. B. (Eds.) (2000). The clinical use of Enterosgel in patients with pathology of the digestive system. New approaches to therapy. Мoscow (in Russian).
10. Volochonskiy, I. A., Pokrasen, N. M. & Turov, V. V. (1992). Selective adsorption of plasma proteins with organosilicon adsorbents. Ukr. Khim. Zhurn., 58, No. 8, pp. 640-644 (in Russian).
11. Turov, V. V. & Gun’ko, V. M. (2011). Clustered water and ways to use it. Кiev: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
12. Gun’ko, V. M. & Turov, V. V. (2013). Nuclear magnetic resonance studies of interfacial phenomena. New York: Taylor & Francis. doi: https://doi.org/10.1201/b14202
13. Glushkov, V. P. (Ed.). (1978). Thermodynamic properties of individual substances. Moskow: Nauka (in Russian).
14. Aksnes, D. W., Førland, K. & Kimtys, L. (2001). Pore size distribution in mesoporous materials as studied by 1H NMR. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 3, pp. 3203-3207. doi: https://doi.org/10.1039/b103228n
15. Petrov, O. V., Furó, I. (2009). NMR cryoporometry: Principles, applications and potential. Prog. Nucl. Magn. Reason. Spectrosc., 54, pp. 97-122. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnmrs.2008.06.001