|Title||The use of the material composition of rocks for the correlation of the stratigraphic units of the Ukrainian Shield|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2019|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
In the Precambrian, the material composition of the rock complexes changed regularly. This fact is established for all cratons of the world.
The level emerging today in the granulite blocks of the Ukrainian Shield was located in the Archean-Paleoproterozoic at the depth of the middle and lower crust. Therefore, the processes running under the near-solidus conditions (the introduction of melts, fluids, metasomatic substitutions, etc.) played the determining role in their structure. Geological manifestations characteristic of the upper crust, including sediment the accumulation and folding, occurred at a level eroded in subsequent geodynamic processes. To correlate the stratigraphic units of granulite blocks of the Shield, we can use the material composition of metamorphic and igneous complexes.
|Keywords||banded iron formation, calciphyres, graphite, isotope age, Precambrian, Ukrainian Shield|
1. Сondie, K. C. (2011). Earth as an evolving planetary system. Oxford: Academic Press. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-385227-4.00010-9
2. Bogatikov, O. A., Kovalenko, V. I. & Sharkov, E. V. (2010). Magmatism, tectonics and geodynamics of the Earth: Communication in time and space. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
3. Usenko, O. V. (2017). Periodization and characteristics of deep-seated processes in Precambrian using the example of the Ukrainian shield. Geophys. J., 39, No. 6, pp. 41-83 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.24028/gzh.0203-3100.v39i6.2017.116366
4. Venidiktov, V. M. (1986). Polycyclic development of granulite facies. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
5. Scherbak, N. P., Artemenko, G. V., Lesnaya, I. M. & Ponomarenko, A. N. (2005). Geochronology of the early Precambrian of the Ukrainian shield. Archaea. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
6. Scherbak, N. P., Artemenko, G. V., Lesnaya, I. M., Ponomarenko, A. N. & Shumlyansky, L. V. (2008). Geo chronology of the early Precambrian of the Ukrainian shield. Proterozoic. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
7. Morozov, A. F. (Ed.). (2010). The deep structure, evolution and minerals of the Early Precambrian foundation of the East European Platform: Interpretation of materials on supporting profile 1-ЕВ, profiles 4В and TATSEYS. (Vol. 2). Moscow: GEOKART, GEOS (in Russian).
8. Usenko, O. V. (2018). The development of the Ukrainian shield 2.7-2.3 billion years ago. Facts and preliminary conclusions. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 12, pp. 61-70. doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2018.12.061
9. Kravchenko, V. M. & Kulik, D. A. (Eds.). (1991). Ferro-siliceous formations of Precambrian in the European part of the USSR. The genesis of iron ores. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
10. Lobach-Zhuchenko, S. B., Baltybaev, Sh. K., Glebovitsky, V.A., Sergeev, S. A., Lokhov, K. I., Egorova, Yu. S., Balagansky, V. V., Skublov, S. G., Galankina, O. L. & Stepanyuk, L. M. (2017). U—Pb-SHRIMP-II age and origin of zircon from lertholite of Pobujie paleoarchaean complex (Ukrainian shield). Doklady Academii Nauk, 477, pp. 567-571 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.1134/S1028334X17120157
11. Shumlyansky, L. V. (2012). Age and Hf isotope composition in zircons from quartzite of Middle Bug Region (Serednie Pobuzzhya) of the Ukrainian Shield. Geochemistry and ore formation, Iss. 31–32, pp. 136-143 (in Ukrainian).
12. Shcherbakov, I. B. (2005). Petrology of the Ukrainian Shield. Lviv: ZuKTs (in Russian).
13. Lutkov, V. S., Mogarovsky, V. V. & Lutkova, V. Ya. (2002). Geochemical model of the lower crust of the folded regions of the Pamir and Tien Shan (Tajikistan) according to a study of xenoliths in alkaline bases. Geohimiya, No. 4, pp. 386-398 (in Russian).
14. Usenko, O. V. (2018). Geodynamic process and its geological manifestations on the continents. Geophys. J., 40, No. 5, pp. 137-171 (in Russian). doi: https://doi.org/10.24028/gzh.0203-3100.v40i5.2018.147477
15. Belousova, E. A., Kostitsyn, Y. A., Griffin, W. L., Begg, G. C., O’Reilly, S. Y. & Pearson, N. J. (2010). The growth of the continental crust: constraints from zircon Hf-isotope data. Lithos, 119, pp. 457-466. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lithos.2010.07.024