|Title||Stages in evolution of Earth's crust recorded by the Huliaipole block of the West Azov area (4.0-2.0 Ga)|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2020|
|Authors||Artemenko, GV, Shumlyanskyy, LV, Wilde, SA, Whitehouse, MJ, Bekker, AY|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The U-Pb age of zircon populations from metadacite of the Huliaipole Suite was determined using the LA-ICP-MS method as 3085-2850 and 3700-3360 Ma. In addition, two crystals of zircon were discovered with an age of more than 3800 Ma. According to geological and geochronological data, the Huliaipole Block, 30 × 50 km in size, is composed of rocks and relicts of the Hadean, Archean, and Palaeoproterozoic eons. The oldest nucleus of the Azov Domain was probably formed from 3.97 to 3.3 Ga ago. In the Mesoarchean (3.2-3.0 Ga), it became a part of the Middle Dnieper-Azov-Kursk granite-greenstone terrane. Felsic and intermediate volcanics of the Huliaipole Suite could have formed due to the melting of the sialic crust, including rocks of the Hadean and Archean age, as a result of the underplating of basic melts during the formation of the Neoarchean to Paleoproterozoic rift structures.
|Keywords||Archean, Hadean, Huliaipole block, Paleoproterozoic, U-Pb age, Ukrainian Shield, West Azov|
1. Bibikova, E. V. & Williams, I. S. (1990). Ion microprobe U-Th-Pb isotopic studies of zircons from three Early Precambrian areas in the USSR. Precambrian Res., 48, pp. 203-221.
2. Claesson, S., Bibikova, E., Shumlyanskyy, L., Dhuime, B. & Hawkesworth, C. (2015). The oldest crust in the Ukrainian Shield — Eoarchean U-Pb ages and Hf-Nd constraints from enderbites and metasediments In: Van Kranendonk, N.M.W., Parman, S., Shirey, S. & Clift, P.D. (Eds.). Continent Formation Through Time (pp. 227-259). Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 389.
3. Shumlyanskyy, L., Wilde, S. A., Nemchin, A. A., Claesson, S., Billström, K. & Bagiński, B. (2020). Eoarchean rock association in the Dniester-Bouh Domain of the Ukrainian shield: a suite of LILE-depleted enderbites and mafic granulites. Precam. Res., 106001.
4. Bibikova, E. V., Claesson, S., Fedotova, A. A., Artemenko, G. V. & Ilyinsky, L. (2010). Terrigenous zircon of the Archean greenstone belts - a source of information about the early crust of the Earth: Azov and Dnieper regions, Ukrainian Shield. Geochemistry, No. 9, pp. 899-916 (in Russian).
5. Nozhkin, A. D. & Krestin, E. M. (1984). Radioactive elements in the rocks of the Early Precambrian (at the example of KMA). Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).
6. Glevasskiy, E. B., Bosaya, N. I. & Polunovskiy, R. M. (1985). The Huliaipole Suite. Stratigraphic sections of the Precambrian of the Ukrainian Shield (pp. 137-142). Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
7. Berzenin, B. Z. (1990). The study of the composition, ore bearing and correlation of the sections of the Osipenko, Huliaipole, Sachki and Kosivtseve strata of the Azov Block of the Ukrainian Shield. Novomoskovsk GEE, “Yuzhukrgeologiya”, Dnepropetrovsk (in Russian).
8. Zhukov, G. V., Andrushchenko, I. L. & Krivonos, V. P. (1978). The Huliaipole area. Ferrous-siliceous formations of the Ukrainian Shield: In 2 vol. Vol. 1 (pp. 299-304). Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
9. Tatarinova, E. A., Artemenko, G. V. & Dovbush, T. I. (2001). The age of detrital and metamorphic zircon in the rocks of the Huliaipole suite. Mineral. Zhurn., 23, No. 2/3, pp. 61-63 (in Russian).
10. Bobrov, A. B., Malyuk, B. I. & Shpylchak, V. A. (1991). Metamorphosed komatiites of the Azov geoblock of the Ukrainian Shield. Geol. Zhurn., No. 1, pp. 92-100 (in Russian).
11. Artemenko, G. V., Shvaika, I. A., Tatarinova, E. A. & Kalinin, V. I. (2008). Geochemistry of granitoids and volcanic rocks of the Huliaipole block (the Azov Domain of the Ukrainian Shield). Theoretical and applied aspects of geoinformatics (pp. 175-188). Kyiv (in Russian).
12. Stepanyuk, L. M., Bobrov, O. B., Shpilchak, V. O., Stefanishin, O. B, Sergov, S. A. & Lepukhina, O. M. (2007). New data on the radiological age of granitoids of the Dobropillya massif (the West Azov area). Article 3. Results of the radiological dating. Collection of scientific work of UkrDGRI, pp. 83-89 (in Ukrainian).
13. Demedyuk, V. V. (2010). Isotope age of post-collisional vein of granites in the Ternuvatka structure (the Azov Domain of the Ukrainian Shield). Theoretical and applied aspects of geoinformatics: Collection of scientific papers (pp. 142-146). Kyiv (in Russian).
14. Shcherbak, N. P., Artemenko, G. V., Bartnitsky, E. N. & Shpylchak, V. A. (2000). The age of granitoids of the Huliaipole block. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 5, pp. 139-144 (in Russian).
15. Lobach-Zhuchenko, S. B., Kaulina, A. T., Baltybaev, S. K., Balaganskii, V. V., Egorova, Yu. S., Lokhov, K. I., Skublov, S. G., Sukach, V. V., Bogomolov, E. S., Stepanyuk, L. M., Galankina, O. L., Berezhnaya, N. G., Kapitonov, I. N., Antonova, A. V. & Sergeev, S. A. (2016). The long (3.7-2.1 Ga) and multistage evolution of the Bug granulitee gneiss complex, Ukrainian shield, based on the SIMS UePb ages and geochemistry of zircons from a single sample. In Halla, J., Whitehouse, M.J., Ahmad, T. & Bagai, Z. (Eds.). Crust-Mantle Interactions and Granitoid Diversification: Insights from Archaean Cratons. Geological Society of London. Special Publications, 449. https://doi.org/10.1144/SP449.3
16. Bibikova, E. V., Claesson, S., Fedotova, A. A., Stepanyuk, L. M., Shumlyanskyy, L. V., Kirnozova, T. I., Fugzan, M. M. & Ilinsky, L. S. (2013). Isotope geochronological (U-Th-Pb, Lu-Hf) study of zircons from the Archean magmatic and metasedimentary rocks of the Podolia Domain, Ukrainian shield. Geochem. Int., 51, pp. 87-108.
17. Shumlyanskyy, L., Hawkesworth, C., Dhuime, B., Billström, K., Claesson, S. & Storey, C. (2015). 207Pb/206Pb ages and Hf isotope composition of zircons from sedimentary rocks of the Ukrainian shield: crustal growth of the south-western part of East European craton from Archaean to Neoproterozoic. Precam. Res., 260, pp. 39-54.
18. Stepanyuk, L. M., Shumlyanskyy, L. V., Hoffman, A., Hoffman, M., Kovalik, A. & Becker, A. (2020). On the Mesoarchean age of detrital zircon from metaterrigenous formations of the Skelyuvatka and Saksagan suites of the Kryviy Rih structure (according to the U-Pb dating). Mineral. Zhurn., 42, No. 2, pp. 46-62 (in Ukrainian).