|Title||Depth structure of the Yalynsky thrust of the Dnieper—Donets Basin according to the seismic profile DOBREflection-2000|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2020|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The faults in the geological environment appear as a result of deep tectonic movements. Their number and spatial location is an important element of information about geodynamic phenomena that took place millions of years ago. The separation of faults from a seismic wave field is possible in a simple geology, when the reflecting boundaries are horizontal or have a small angle. Phase mismatches are at the point of fracture. This facilitates their identification. But, in most cases, we have a very complicated geology, or must explore the great depths. In such difficult cases, additional mathematical methods must be used to process seismic data. One such method is described in the article. It consists in the solution of the inverse dynamic seismic task. The purpose is to determine the absorbing characteristics of a geological structure. As a rule, faults in sedimentary rocks are filled with crushed rock, fluids, and water. This dramatically changes the absorbing properties of a fault and increases its contrast. The proposed method is based on the method of determining the logarithmic decay decrements. Seismic data of the CDP were used for the interpretation. They were made during the international project DOBREflection- 2000. The article presents the seismic profile section with the largest Yalynsky thrust in the DDB.
|Keywords||absorption, fault, geotectonics, logarithmic decay decrements, seismic survey|
1. Grad, M., Gryn, D., Guterch, A., Janik, T., Keller, R., Lang, R., Lyngsie, S. B., Omelchenko, V., Starostenko, V. I., Stephenson, R., Stovba, S., Thybo, H. & Tolkunov, A. (2003). “DOBREfraction’99” – velocity model of the crust and upper mantle beneath the Donbas Folder (East Ukraine). Tectonophysics, 371, pp. 81-110. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-1951(03)00211-7
2. DOBREflection-2000 Working Groups, DOBREfraction’99 Working Groups (2002). DOBRE studies evolution of inverted intra-cratonic rifts in Ukraine. EOS. (Trans. AGU), 83, No. 30, pp. 323-327. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1029/2002EO000237
3. Maystrenko, Yu., Stovba, S., Stephenson, R., Bayer, U., Menyoli, E., Gajewski, D., Huebscher, Ch., Rabbel, W., Saintot, A., Starostenko, V., Thybo, H. & Tolkunov, A. (2003). Crustal-scale pop-up structure in cratonic lithosphere: DOBRE deep seismic reflection study of the Donbas fold belt, Ukraine. Geology, 31, No. 8, pp. 733-736. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1130/G19329.1
4. Stephenson, R. A., Yegorova, T. S., Brunet, M.-F., Stovba, S., Wilson, M., Starostenko, V., Saintot, A. & Kusznir, N. (2006). Late Palaeozoic intra- and pericratonic basins on the East European Craton and its margins. European Lithosphere Dynamics, 32, pp. 463-479. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.MEM.2006.032.01.29
5. Privalov, V. A., Sachsenhofer, R. F, Izart, A. & Panova, E. A. (2008). Coalbed methane in the Donets Basin. Naukovi pratsy DonNTU. Ser. “Hirnycho-heolohichna”, No. 7, pp. 170-178.
6. Polivtsev, A. B. (2010). The geological conclutions from distribution of vertical Holocene movements alongthe profilies Dobre and Novopavlivka — Shaktarsk. Geotehnichna mehanica, 87, pp. 218-230 (in Ukr ainian).
7. Menyoli, E. & Gajewski, D. (2002). A strategy to image tectonically complex areas using CRS stack and prestack depth migration. Annual WIT report, pp. 17-25.
8. Menyoli, E., Gajewski, D. & Hubscher, C. (2004). Imaging of complex basin structures with the common reflection surface (CRS) stack method. Geophys. J. Int., 157, pp. 1206-1216. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2004.02268.x
9. Gryn, D. M. (2001). Logarithmic decrement and other features attenuation of seismic waves. Geofiz. zhurn., 23, No. 4, pp. 91-102 (in Ukrainian).
10. Gryn, D. M. (2019). Automated method for determination of geological horizons nonconformity according to three-dimensional seismic data. Geofiz. zhurn., 41, No. 6, pp. 183-194 (in Ukrainian). Doi: https://doi.org/10.24028/gzh.0203-3100.v41i6.2019.190075
11. Gryn, D. M. (2019). Methods for determination of spatial distribution of minor-amplitude faults and fissures in thin-layer coal-bearing geological medium. Geofiz. zhurn., 41, No. 5, pp. 190-205 (in Ukrainian). Doi: https://doi.org/10.24028/gzh.0203-3100.v41i5.2019.183644