|Title||Peculiarities of bis-chelate complexes of magnesium(II) as ecologically safe and highly effective lubricating additives of new generation in aspects of tribochemistry of steel surface|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2020|
|Authors||Mishchuk, OA, Koval, LI, Dzyuba, VI, Pekhnyo, VI|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The specific character of magnesium cation in the nanolayer of iron transitive pseudocarbide which is created tribochemically in the composition of tribofilm of the steel friction surface is found. This specific character of magnesium appears with the emergence of intraatomic electronic transitions which are forbidden by the selection rules. In particular, the magnesium cation can be used as an atomic probe to study the construction and origin of a friction surface layer (tribofilm). This work concerns the nanomechanicalchemical transformations of a steel friction surface layer of submicron thickness and the creation of a tribofilm. The complex nanothinlayer structure of the tribofilm is examined by the methods of SEM, EPMA, AES (submicroprobe), and argon ion nanoetching. It is found that the metal chelates which are synthesized by the authors, are the donors of a metal cation to a structure of quasiequilibrium undersurfacefriction nanolayers of iron pseudocarbide and nanooxide compounds. Finally, a conclusion of the opportunity to alternate effectively the mineral powders of serpentines — natural magnesium hydrosilicate — by the synthetic bischelate complexes of magnesium(II) as lubricating additives of a new generation is made.
|Keywords||Auger spectroscopy, bischelates of magnesium(II), friction, nanolayers, steel|
1. Denezhny, J. T. (2016). Nanotechnological and nanotribological aspects of greases. Kharkov: ASSA (in Russian).
2. Dzyuba, V. I., Koval, L. I., Ilnitska, O. L. & Pekhnyo, V. I. (2011). Biomimetic approach to the design of antiwear additives to ecofriendly lubricating compositions. Phys. Chem. Solid State, 12, No. 2, pp. 517520.
3. Morina, A., Liskiewicz, T. & Neville, A. (2006). Designing new lubricant additives using biomimetic. WIT Transact. Ecol. Environ., 87, pp. 157166. https://doi.org/10.2495/DN060151
4. Koval, L. I., Dzyuba, V. I., Ilnitska, O. L., Pekhnyo, V. I. & Mishchuk, O. A. (2015). Coordination compounds of life metals and bioligands as model additives to ecofriendly
lubricating compositions. Khimia, Fizyka ta Tekhnologia Poverkhni, 6, No. 1, pp. 147164 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.15407/hftp06.01.147
5. Pekhnyo, V. I., Koval, L. I., Dzyuba, V. I. & Ilnitska, O. L. (2011, October). Tribodiffusive effect of central atom of a complex additive with a creation of antiwear hybrid nanostructures. Proceedings of the International Conference Applied physicalinorganic chemistry, (pp. 60), Sevastopol, Ukraine (in Ukrainian).
6. Yu, H., Xu, Y., Shi, P., Wang, H., Wei, M., Zhao, K. & Xu, B. (2013). Microstructure, mechanical properties and tribological behaviour of tribofilm generated from natural serpentine mineral powder as lubricant additive. Wear, 297, Iss. 12, pp. 802810. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2012.10.013
7. Mishchuk, O. A., Yudina, V. V. & Tsapliy, M. P. (2013). Problems of tribochemical activity of microdispersive hydrosilicate at contact zone of a steel friction pair. Probl. Friction Wear, No. 1, pp. 420 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.18372/03702197.1(60).5764
8. Mishchuk, O. A. (2018, September). Secondary structures on friction surfaces of metal: Investigations by the method of electron spectroscopy. Proceedings of the IV International Scientific Practical Conference Modern technologies of industrial complex: basic process innovations (pp. 2731), Kherson: KhNTU (in Ukrainian).
9. Karaulov, A. K., Cherednichenko, G. I., Romanov, V. S. & et al. (1984). Tribological problems of surfactant application in lubricants. Proceedings of the World Congress Surfactant, D.A, (pp. 237246), Munchen.
10. Mishchuk, O. A., Yarmoliuk, B. M., Veligorska, Yu. V., Koval, L. I. & Dzyuba, V. I. (2017, September). A role difference of magnesium and calcium in conditions of tribochemical relaxation of steel surfaces in the friction zone. Proceedings of the III International Scientific Practical Conference Modern technologies of industrial complex2017,
(pp. 181182), Kherson: KhNTU (in Ukrainian).
11. Belous, M. V., Cherepin, V. T. & Vasiliev, M. A. (1973). Transformations at the tempering of steel. Moscow: Metallurgia (in Russian).
12. Mishchuk, O. A., Dzyuba, V. I., Koval, L. I., Telemko, O. V. & Pekhnyo, V. I. (2012). Tribochemical trans formation of steel friction surfaces at action of nonsulfur surfaceactive complexes of molybdenum. Problemy Tertya ta Znoshuvannya, Iss. 57, pp. 256272 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.18372/03702197.57.3609
13. Koval, L. I., Dzyuba, V. I., Bon, V. V., Ilnitska, O. L. & Pekhnyo, V. I. (2009). Synthesis and structure of anhydrous complexes of magnesium(II) with bketoesters of higher alcohols. Polyhedron, 28, Iss. 13, pp. 26982702. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.poly.2009.05.034
14. LawniczakJablonska, K., Kachniarz, Ja., Spolnik, Z., Libera, Jo., Dynowska, E., Nadolny, A. & Sadowski, Ja. (1999). The use of Mn L line chemical effects in Xray analysis to probe sample homogeneity. J. Anal. Atom. Spectrom., 14, Iss. 3, pp. 461464. https://doi.org/10.1039/A807431C
15. Ivanov, V. Sh., Brytov, I. A., Korablev, V. V., Kozyreva, N. A., Kuznetsova, T. V., Tsukerman, Ye. A. &Kiseleva, I. I. (1986). Atlas of Auger spectra for chemical elements and their compounds: Deposited Manuscript No. 6359-B86 / Moscow Chemical Technology Institute. Moscow: TsIONT PIK VINITI (in Russian).