|Title||Synthesis of heterovalently substituted slab perovskites Sr 2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4(BIV = Sn, Ti, BIII = Sc, In)|
|Publication Type||Journal Article|
|Year of Publication||2021|
|Authors||Titov, YA, Slobodyanik, MS, Chumak, VV, Tymoshenko, MV|
|Abbreviated Key Title||Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr.|
The possibility of the heterovalent substitution of A- and B-positions atoms in a single-layer slab perovskitelike structure of strontium titanate and stannate Sr2BIVO4 (BIV = Ti, Sn) by type Sr2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4 (Ln = La – Tb, BIV = Ti, Sn, BIII = Sc, In) has been established by X-ray powder diffraction methods. The boundaries of the heterovalent substitution of A- and B-positions atoms and the crystallographic parameters of the synthesized Sr2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4 phases with a single-layer structure are determined. The continuous phase area formation with a single-layer structure has been observed in 10 systems: Sr2–xLnxTi1–xScxO4 (Ln = La, Pr, Nd, Sm, Eu), Sr2–xLnxTi1–xInxO4 (Ln = La, Pr), Sr2–xLaxSn1–xScxO4, Sr2–xLnxSn1–xInxO4 (Ln = La, Pr). Increasing the degree of heterovalent substitution of atoms in these systems leads to a reduction of the sym metry of the crystal lattice of phases from the tetragonal (space group I4/mmm) to the interconnected rhombic one. In the rest of the studied Sr2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4 systems, the existence of a narrow (x value significantly less than 1) phase region with a single-layer structure based on Sr3BIVO7 is observed. The character of the phase relations in the Sr2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4 systems (Ln = La – Tb, BIII = Sc, In) (BIV = Sn, Ti) and the linear type of concentration dependences of the parameters of the reduced tetragonal unit cells of Sr2–xLnxBIV1–xBxIIIO4 phases with a single-layer structure indicate that, by their nature, these phases are series of solid solutions in the pseudobinary systems Sr2BIVO4 – SrLnBIIIO4 (BIV = Ti, Sn, BIII = Sc, In). The obtained data can be used to regulate the functional properties of titanates and stannates Sr2BIVO4 and materials based on them, as well as to solve the problem of a purposeful search for new compounds of the type An+1BnO3n+1 with a slab perovskite-like structure.
|Keywords||isomorphism, slab perovskite-like structure, solid solution, X-ray powder diffraction|
1. Kim, I.S., Nakamura, T. & Itoh, M. (1993). Humidity sensing effects of the layered oxides SrO·(LaScO3)n(n = 1, 2, ∞). J. Ceram. Soc. Jap., 101, Iss. 1775, pp. 800-803. https://doi.org/10.2109/jcersj.101.800
2. Kato, S., Ogasawara, M., Sugai, M. & Nakata, S. (2002). Synthesis and oxide ion conductivity of new layered perovskite La1–xSr1+xInO4–d. Solid State Ionics, 149, No. 1-2, pp. 53-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-2738(02)00138-8
3. Zhen, Y.S. & Goodenough, J.B. (1990). Oxygen-ion conductivity in Ba8In6O17. Mater. Res. Bull., 25, No. 6, pp. 785-790. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5408(90)90207-I
4. Shimizu, K., Itoh, S., Hatamachi, T., Kodama, T., Sato, M. & Toda, K. (2005). Photocatalytic water splitting on Ni-intercalated Ruddlesden-Popper tantalate H2La2/3Ta2O7. Chem. Mater., 17, No. 20, pp. 5161-5166. https://doi.org/10.1021/cm050982c
5. Kim, H.G., Becker, O.S., Jang, J.S., Ji, S.M., Borse, P.H. & Lee, J.S. (2006). A generic method of visible light sensitization for perovskite-related layered oxides: Substitution effect of lead. J. Solid State Chem., 179, No. 4. pp. 1214-1218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssc.2006.01.024
6. Kamimura, S., Yamada, H. & Xu, C.-N. (2012). Strong reddish-orange light emission from stress-activated Srn+1SnnO3n+1:Sm3+ (n = 1, 2, ∞) with perovskite-related structures. Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, No. 9. pp. 91-113. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4749807
7. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.N., Slobodyanik, M.S., Nakonechna, O.I. & Strutynska, N.Y. (2019). Effect of size factor on the Ruddlesden-Popper single-slab compounds structure features. Fr.-Ukr. J. Chem., 7, No. 1. pp. 10-15. https://doi.org/10.17721/fujcV7I1P10-15
8. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.M., Slobodyanik, M.S., Babaryk, А.А. & Timoschenko, М.V. (2017). Influence of composition on organization of layered perovskite-like structure of indates AIILаInO4. Dopov. Naс. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 4, pp. 70-75 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2017.04.070
9. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.M., Slobodyanik, M.S., Chumak, V.V. & Nakonechna, O.I. (2019). Effect of isovalent substitution of lanthanum atoms on the slab structure of indates SrLa1–xNdxInO4. Voprosy Khimii i Khi micheskoi Tekhnologii, No. 1, pp. 67-72 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.3 2434/0321-4095-2019-122-1-67-72
10. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.M., Slobodyanik, M.S., Chumak, V.V., Timoschenko, M.V.& Tomazenko, L.V. (2019). Synthesis and structural features of slab structure SrLa1–xSmxInO4. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 1, pp. 72-78 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.15407/dopovidi2019.01.072
11. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.M., Slobodyanik, M.S., Chumak, V.V. & Nakonechna, O.I. (2019). Effect of composition on the SrNdSc1–xInxO4 slab structure. Voprosy Khimii i Khimicheskoi Tekhnologii, No. 3, pp. 53-58 (in Ukrainian). https://doi.org/10.32434/0321-4095-2019-124-3-53-58
12. Titov, Y.A., Slobodyanik, M.S. & Krayevska, Ya.A. (2008). Peculiarities of formation and isomorphism of Ruddlesden — Popper compounds Srn+1BnO3n+1-type (B = Sn, Ti, n = 1, 2). Ukr. Khim. Zhurn., 74, No. 7, pp. 17-22 (in Ukrainian).
13. Titov, Y.A., Slobodyanik, M.S., Krayevska, Ya.A. & Chumak, V.V. (2008). Peculiarities of formation of slab scandates (SrO)(LaScO3)n from the systems of co-precipitated hydroxy-oxalates and crystallized nitrates. Ukr. Khim. Zhurn., 74, No. 9, pp. 34-39 (in Ukrainian).
14. Titov, Y.A., Belyavina, N.M., Markiv, V.Ya., Slobodyanik, M.S. & Krayevska, Ya.A. (2009). Synthesis and crystal structure of BaLaInO4 and SrLnInO4 (Ln = La, Pr). Dopov. Naс. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 10, pp. 160-166 (in Ukrainian).