|1Bogdanova, OS |
1S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2017, 5:25-33|
The model of the fracture process zone near the front of an arbitrary crack in a solid is proposed. Within the framework of this model, the constitutive equations relating the contravariant components of a stress vector with the covariant components of a displacement vector are derived. The local fracture criterion is formulated.
|Keywords: arbitrary crack, constitutive equations, fracture process zone, local fracture criterion|
- Kaminsky, A. A. (2014). Mechanics of the Delayed Fracture of Viscoelastic Bodies with Cracks: Theory and Experiment (Review). Int. Appl. Mech., 50, Iss. 5, pp. 485-548. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-014-0652-8
- Park, K. & Paulino, G. H. (2011). Cohesive Zone Models: A Critical Review of Traction-Separation Re la tionships Across Fracture Surfaces. Appl. Mech. Reviews, 64, No. 11, pp. 1-20.
- Kaminsky, A. A. & Kurchakov, E. E. (2015). Influence of Tension Along a Mode I Crack in an Elastic Body on the Formation of a Nonlinear Zone. Int. Appl. Mech., 51, Iss. 2, pp. 130-148. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-015-0679-5
- Tvergaard, V. & Hutchinson, J.W. (1993). The Influence of Plasticity on Mixed Mode Interface Toughness. J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 41, No. 6, pp. 1119-1135. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(93)90057-M
- Needleman, A. (1987). A continuum Model for Void Nucleation by Inclusion Debonding. J. Appl. Mech., 54, No. 3, pp. 525-531. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3173064
- Banks-Sills, L., Travitzky, N., Ashkenazi, D. & Eliasi R. (1999). A Methodology for Measuring Interface Fracture Properties of Composite Materials. Int. J. Fract., 99, No. 3, pp. 143-160. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1018642200610
- Wittmann, F. H., Rokugo, K., Bruehwiler, E., Mihashi, H. & Simonin, P. (1988). Fracture Energy and Strain Softening of Concrete as Determined by Means of Compact Tension Specimens. Mater. Struct., 21, No. 1, pp. 21-32. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02472525