|1Melnyk, VI |
1M.M. Gryshko National Botanic Garden of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2018, 5:105-112|
The genesis of the area of sub-Atlantic species Sarothamnus scoparius in the Eastern Europe is analyzed. It is shown that, in the XIX century, the species was not part of the natural flora of the Eastern Europe, but only grown in culture. From the cultivation areas, Sarothamnus scoparius has penetrated into natural ecosystems. In the second half of the XX century, the rate of migration of the species to the east significantly increases due to the warming of the climate and intense anthropogenic changes in the natural environment. The analysis of the geographical distribution and habitats of S. scoparius in the historical aspect has shown that this species is kenophyte and ergasiophyte of the Ukrainian flora. It has been established that S. scoparius is a sensitive indicator of the warming, and its populations can be convenient models for monitoring the vegetation changes due to climatic changes.
|Keywords: adventive species, area, community, geographical distribution, habitat, invasion, Sarothamnus scoparius, Ukraine|
- Borodin, A. M. (Ed.). (1978). Red Data Book of the USSR. Rare and endangered species of animals and plants. Moscow: Lesn. Prom-nost (in Russian).
- Kleopov, Yu. D. (1990). Analysis of the flora of deciduous forests of the European part of the USSR. Kiev: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
- Meusel, H., Jager, E. & Weinert, E. (1965). Verleichende Chorologie der Zentraleuropaischen Flora. Jena: Ved. Gustav Fischer Verlag (in German).
- Pachosky, I. K. (1887). Flora of Polissya and adjacent areas. Trudy S.-Petersburg. o-va estestvoispytatelei, 27, No. 2, pp. 1-103 (in Russian).
- Pax, F. (1908). Grundzűge der Pflanzenverbreitung in den Karpaten. Leipzig: Verlag von Wilhelm Engelmann (in German).
- Krzyźanowski, J. (1883). Źarnowiec. Ogrodik polski, No. 11, pp. 320-323 (in Polish).
- Czeczott, H. (1927). The Atlantic Element in the Flora of Poland. Bull. Int. Acad. Pol. Sci. Math. Natur. Ser. B, No. 65/66, pp. 261-375 (in English).
- Slobodian, M. P. (1967). About the origin of the thickets of the Sarothamnus scoparius (Link.) Wimm. in the forests of Ukraine. Ukr. Bot. J. 24, No. 6, pp. 75-76 (in Ukrainian).
- Melnyk, V. I. & Baransky, A. R. (2017). Genesis and dynamics of the range of Sarothamnus scoparius (Fabaceae) within Ukraine. Ukr. Bot. J., 74, No. 4, pp. 334-346 (in Ukrainian). doi: https://doi.org/10.15407/ukrbotj74.04.334
- Badei, M. I. (1988). Biology of Sarothamnus scoparius (L.) Koch and itsplant communities in Transcarpathia. Ukr. Bot. J., 45, No. 1, pp. 63-65 (in Ukrainian).
- Lipinsky, V. M., Diagon, V. A. & Babichenko, V. M. (Eds.). (2003). Climate of Ukraine. Kiev: Vyd-vo Raievskoho (in Ukrainian).