|1Vovk, IV |
1Institute of Hydromechanics of the NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
2Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
|Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr. 2019, 7:17-25|
The three-dimensional flow of a viscous incompressible fluid in a cylindrical duct with two serial diaphragms (constrictions) is studied by the numerical solution of non–stationary Navier–Stokes equations. The solution algorithm is based on the finite volume method using difference schemes second-order accurate in both space and time. The TVD form of a central-difference scheme with a flow limiter is used for the interpolation of convec tive terms. The combined computation of the velocity and pressure fields is carried out, by using the PISO procedure.
|Keywords: direct numerical simulation, duct with diaphragms, self-sustained oscillations, three-dimensional flow, vortex structures|
1. Vovk, I. V. & Grinchenko, V. T. (2010). The sound born flow (essay about an aerohydrodynamical acoustics). Kyiv: Naukova Dumka (in Russian).
2. Vovk, I. V., Matsypura, V. T. & Trotsenko, Ya. P. (2019). Excitation of self-sustained oscillations by a fluid flow in a cylindrical duct with two diaphragms. Nelin. kolyvannya, 22, No. 1, pp. 36-53 (in Ukrainian).
3. Malyuga, V. S. (2010). Numerical investigation of the flow in a duct with two serial stenoses. Algorithm of the solution. Prykl. Hidromekh., 12, No. 4, pp. 45-62 (in Russian).
4. Sweby, P. K. (1984). High resolution schemes using flux limiters for hyperbolic conservation laws. J. Numer. Anal., Vol. 21, Iss. 5, pp. 995-1011. https://doi.org/10.1137/0721062
5. Jasak, H. (1996) Error analysis and estimation for the finite volume method with applications to fluid flows. PhD Thesis. Imperial College, London.
6. Ferziger, J. H. & Peric, M. (2002). Computational methods for fluid dynamics. Berlin: Springer.
7. Barrett, R., Berry, M., Chan, T. F., Demmel, J., Donato, J. M., Dongarra, J., Eijkhout, V., Pozo, R., Romine, C. & Van der Vorst, H. (1994). Templates for the solution of linear systems: Building blocks for iterative methods, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia: SIAM.
8. Golovynskyi, A. L., Malenko, A. L., Sergienko, I. V. & Tulchinsky, V. G. (2013). Power efficient supercomputer SCIT-4. Visn. Nac. akad. nauk. Ukr., No. 2, pp. 50-59 (in Ukrainian).
9. Jeong J., Hussain F. (1995). On the identification of a vortex. J. Fluid Mech., 285, pp. 69-94. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112095000462