Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine publishes short communications presenting original unpublished results of studies in the fields of mathematics, natural sciences, and technique, whose authors are Academicians and Corresponding Members of the NAS of Ukraine. As for other authors, the journal publishes their communications, if they are submitted by Academicians and Corresponding Members of the NASU who are experts in the appropriate speciality and take responsibility for the scientific value of the articles.
The goal of Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine consists, first of all, in the publication of communications about new scientific studies of priority character.
Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine does not publish
- articles that are polemical and classifying, have a restricted meaning, or contain the solutions of standard problems;
- descriptive, survey, and methodical articles (if the method is not basically new);
- articles devoted to the systematization of plants, animals, and microorganisms;
- articles presenting separate stages of studies or the material divided into several parts for subsequent publications;
- articles with trivial results that are not of general interest and do not contain significant conclusions.
The publication in Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine does not hamper the publication of the extended version of the article in other periodic editions.